Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My Dream Reading Space

We all dream about the perfect library or reading nook. I plan on having one someday.
Here are must haves for my perfect reading space.

Big comfy chair is a necessity! I like the extra wide ones because I can curl up on it and have space for blankets.


I also love couches I can stretch out on for naps between reading. I like couches with one end longer. I can curl up on it or stretch out. Then hubby could sit next me while he plays video games.

I have searched far and wide for bookcases, and I LOVE Ikea's Billy bookcases. They come in all sizes. The shelves are adjustable. You can add extra height to them. They are awesome!

It has always been my dream to have a ladder on my bookcases. I'm sure there is a way to add one on the Billy Bookcase.
Image result for ATHENS LIBRARY IN NIMBUS

End table is must! I like simple ones with a drawer and shelf.

As for lighting, I prefer lamps. I think they are more cozy. My dream is to turn one of my old clarinets into a lamp.
Image result for clarinet lamp

How about you? What is in your dream reading space?

If you are interested in any of these pieces, I linked all the pictures to the online stores.

5 comments:

  1. My dream reading space has bookcases built into the walls, a beautiful view from the couch or armchair (doesn't matter which as long as it is comfortable and big enough for me to curl up in), and somewhere that it is warm enough for me to have all the doors and windows open all day. Books and sunshine - bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Built in bookcases are awesome! I'm hoping to make the Billy Bookcases look built in. When it is sunny, I want to go outside, so I actually love to read on rainy days.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on all of these. I really want a library big and tall enough to warrant a ladder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care if I need the ladder or not, I just want one.

      Delete
  3. I want shelves that are built into the walls. I want the shelves to be two stories with a ladder. That's as far as I've thought.

    ReplyDelete