Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dreams of Gods & Monsters

13618440From Goodreads:    Two worlds are poised on the brink of a vicious war. By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera's rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her.

When the brutal angel emperor brings his army to the human world, Karou and Akiva are finally reunited - not in love, but in a tentative alliance against their common enemy. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people. And, perhaps, for themselves.

But with even bigger threats on the horizon, are Karou and Akiva strong enough to stand among the gods and monsters?

The New York Times bestselling Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy comes to a stunning conclusion as - from the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond - humans, chimaera, and seraphim strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.


My Thoughts:

-    I'm not a fan of this series. I was really excited after the first book, but I just didn't like the other two books. 

-    The chapters on Eliza were so pointless. What was her purpose? The Stelians were not needed. We didn't need another enemy. It just made the book WAY too long and slow and boring. I would have been happy with the book ending at chapter 74, but because of the Stelians, the book went on and on and on.

-    I got so tired of Akiva and Karou admiring each other and drooling over each other. Ugh! They are gorgeous! I get it! Move on! How about they get to know each other a bit? Their relationship is stupid, and I was never a fan.

-    The descriptions get really repetitive. They got all wordy, and then the same passage was repeated with more wordy descriptions, and I just got frustrated. So much of this book could have been chopped.

-    I felt like this series would never end, and I was so relieved once I finished. I wanted to quit several times, but I pushed through. 


Previous Books
(covers are linked)

8490112 

2 comments:

  1. Yep! This whole series got way to much love in my opinion. I just didn't get it. I'm still trying to decide if I should give the author's other books a shot. Will you?

    ReplyDelete